You just don't know where he'll pop up next
| Home | Back Story | Friends | Patriots Program |

Monday, January 11, 2010

And So It Ends...

Well, given a day to recover, the Patriots loss is still just as devastating. And so ends the 2009 season, and while of course it would have been nice to see the Pats go all the way to and thru the Super Bowl, in a way I'm relieved this season is over and in the past. Let's not kid ourselves, the team never really hit its stride, or anything close. The offense was a huge disappointment, the defense couldn't make stops when it most needed to, Red Zone offense & defense (but especially offense) was horrible, leadership was missing, and the young guys starting who had little or no experience in big situations played like - well, young guys who had little or no situation in big situations. There's no other way to put it - yesterday's playoff game was atrocious. But the 2009 season is over, dead, and buried, and I think everyone is better off for it. They've got some big things to deal with in the offseason, it's certainly going to be a busy one.
But, since I like to think of myself as an optimistic person, I'm going to find the (smallest, tiniest, teeniest snippet of) silver lining...only 10 months til Training Camp! And that is when Dan the Banner shines! I have a good feeling for 2010, Dan the Banner is going to have a fantastic run, I can tell, and I can't wait to get it started!

Til the next entry about Tom Brady's best 2D friend, adieu my friends, hope 2010 is off to a wonderful start for you all.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home