You just don't know where he'll pop up next
| Home | Back Story | Friends | Patriots Program |

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dan the Banner rakes at Boston Cannons season finale

Dan and the 2010 Boston Cannons
What a big day for Dan the Banner yesterday, perhaps the most productive ever. After a few months, I had to use my intern position with the Cannons to my advantage where it pertained to Dan the Banner. I'd debated all season about what I could do with Dan the Banner - do I try and get pics with the guys after a game, at some event, or just nix the whole idea. Well that was until earlier this week when I learned that before Saturdays game the Cannons would be taking their team picture. BINGO...opportunity. What better time to get a picture with the most members of the team as possible then when they were all together taking the team photo. I pulled some strings, and after the photographer took the official team photo, I was able to sneak Dan into the back of the picture with the guys for what certainly will go down as the greatest team photo in Cannons (and perhaps all sport teams) history. This may very well be the best looking picture I've gotten of Dan the Banner with anyone. Of course, I got a few puzzled looks from the guys as I prepared the banner for his photo op, per usual, but they were more than happy to oblige the addition to their photo once learning of Dan's military status. Getting banner autographs from the guys was a little tough, as they had to leave right after the photo to get to pre-game commitments, but I did multi-task a bit after the game as the guys were heading to the locker room following autograph alley and was able to get a few guys to sign, among them Jordan Burke, Kevin Gould, Kevin Buchanan, Justin Smith, Brad Ross, Pat Heim, and  Chris Passavia.
AND just in case the team picture wasn't a big enough accomplishment on the day, it was also Mascot Night at the Cannons game, so I was able to get pics of Dan with Finz (Worcester Shark), Slyde (New England Revolution), Blades (Boston Bruins), and Lucky (Boston Celtics).
Dan with Lucky from the Boston Celtics

Unfortunately the Cannons dropped a heart breaker to the Bayhawks in overtime, but I think the Dan the Banner effect will only be a positive thing as the team prepares for Championship Weekend in Annapolis on August 21-22. Despite the loss, what a big day for the Banner!!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home